General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Kenway Tyres Limited Statement
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) comes into effect on 25th May 2018 and replaces the current EU and UK Data Protection laws. GDPR introduces increased data protection rights for individuals and gives them a greater say in how, where, when and why their personal data is processed, collected and stored.
GDPR impacts the way organisations process personal data and requires organisations to demonstrate compliance with the Regulation and to design processes and systems that protect individual’s data privacy.
At Kenway, we have always honoured our customers’, suppliers’ and employees’ right to data protection and privacy. We are committed to complying with the current UK Data Protection Act and we are working hard to be compliant with GDPR before the 25th May implementation date.
How is Kenway preparing for GDPR?
We started preparing for GDPR in 2017. As both a Data Controller and Data Processor we understand our requirements and obligations under GDPR and we have put in place an internal team to drive our organisation to meet them.
All divisions are busy undertaking structured programmes of activity to ensure compliance with GDPR before the implementation date.
Some of the ongoing activities are:
• Identifying personal data –undertaking data inventories and processing audits to determine the exact nature of how personal data is processed, collected and stored. We are detailing how personal data enters, flows through, and where applicable leaves the organisation
• Enhancing existing technical and organisational security measures - our IT team is looking to review and build on the existing security controls to ensure data protection by design and by default are at the heart of our systems and processes
• Visibility and transparency - our privacy policies and documentation are being reviewed and updated to be compliant with GDPR.
• Supplier assessments – any supplier processing personal data on behalf of Kenway will be assessed to ensure compliance with GDPR.
Kenway Data Privacy Notice
At Kenway, we’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This Policy explains when and why we collect personal information about people who visit our website, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
We may change this Policy from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. By using our website, you’re agreeing to be bound by this Policy.
Any questions regarding this Policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to email@example.com or write to us at: Kenway Tyres, 11 St Machar Road, Aberdeen, AB24 2UU. Alternatively, you can telephone 01224 497000. Who are we?
How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information about you when you use our website, for example, when you contact us about roles or make enquiries about our services.
What type of information is collected from you?
The personal information we collect might include your name, business name, address, email address and telephone numbers.
How is your information used?
We may use your information to:
• Seek your views or comments on the services we provide;
• Notify you of changes to our services;
• Send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest such as latest services.
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or for a period of 24 months.
Who has access to your information?
• We will not sell or rent your information to third parties
• We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes
• We may transfer your personal information to a third party (our clients) as part of any services we offer. However, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected
• Kenway employees.
You have a choice about whether you wish to receive information from us or not. If you do not want to receive direct communications from us, then you can select your choices by ticking the relevant boxes situated on the forms on which we collect your information.
We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email, phone or text message unless you have given your prior consent. We will not contact you for marketing purposes by any means from May 25th 2018 if you have indicated that you do not wish to be contacted. You can change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone on 01224 497000.
How you can access and update your information
The accuracy of your information is important to us. We’re working on ways to make it easier for you to review and correct the information that we hold about you. In the meantime, if you change email address, or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please email us at: email@example.com , or write to us at: Kenway Tyres, 11 St Machar Road, Aberdeen, AB24 2UU. Alternatively, you can telephone 01224 497000.
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information Kenway hold about you.
Links to other websites
In addition, if you linked to our website from a third party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site.
Review of this Policy
We keep this Policy under regular review. This Policy was last updated in May 2018.
Who to contact
If you have a query or concern about data protection or how we currently process your personal data please contact a member of the Data Protection team via:
Telephone: 01224 497000
Post: Senior HR Advisor
11 St Machar Road