A vacancy has arisen within Kenway Tyres, Aberdeen Head Office for a Stores Manager reporting to the Managing Director. Kenway Tyres is the largest tyre wholesaler in the North of Scotland whilst also having retail depots both in Aberdeen & Dundee, who have been servicing the motoring needs of the Northeast since 1983.
The purpose of the job is to coordinate and manage the Storespersons and Drivers ensuring correct stocks are maintained, and that customer’s orders are delivered in a timely and efficient manner. The principal accountabilities of the position are:
1. To be a strong and effective people manager who will provide staff with opportunities, continual training and championing staff morale.
2. The receipt and checking of goods against delivery notes and ensuring all stocks are stored in an effective, safe and orderly manner.
3. Recording any shortages or damaged goods, completion of paperwork and subsequently notifying the office staff of any discrepancies.
4. To organize the picking of the orders from stock ready to load the delivery vans for a cut off of at the earliest opportunity and any other applicable times. Optimize the staff productivity to manage costs and ensure staff are managed to pick orders correctly and promptly. Load and cross check orders to minimise errors with the drivers or another person and manage any picking errors timely. Be proactive in achieving improved fuel efficiency and better MPG by ensuring that drivers optimise their van runs concerning training and utilisation of effective planning and routing.
5. Assist with the twice yearly stock takes which includes manually counting stock
6. Enforce security policies and procedures, ensuring that all paperwork is followed up and completed correctly and in a timely manner.
7. Reporting any issues to the management team at Head Office and having the ability to resolve such issues individually.
8. Promote effective and efficient standards of work in order to comply with transport legislation, maintenance manuals, company policy and procedures, Health & Safety legislation and or any other legal requirements.
9. To monitor company vehicles to ensure policies are being followed. Maintain any equipment in the Company vehicles and that they are kept up to correct operating standards and either repaired or replaced. Ensure that any repairs are carried out in a timely and efficient manner.
10. Manage absence, overtime and timekeeping in line, where applicable, with HR policies and procedures. Have a general understanding of HR, HSEQ and finance. Manage the implementation of HR and HSEQ policies and procedures where relevant. Allocating and managing staff resources according to the changing needs with the ability to provide adequate cover at all levels.
The successful candidate will also meet the following criteria:
• Excellent stores knowledge, with preferably 1+ years’ experience of a Managerial position
• Ability to learn quickly on the job with a willingness to learn
• Ability to work under pressure, analysing problems and implementing solutions
• Work unsupervised, show initiative with good time management
• Experience of product terminology is preferred
• Computer literate
• Good communication skills
• Work to tight deadlines
If you are interested in the above vacancy position, please send your CV to Human Resources, Kenway Tyres, 11 St Machar Road, Aberdeen, AB24 2UU or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by:
Closing Date: 15 June 2018
* Due to the current high volume of applications if you do not hear back from us within 4 weeks of submitting your application, then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.